You might be amazed how long cleaning rocks keep your toddler engaged!
- A large container or rimmed baking sheet
- Bowl with water
- Travel bottle of tear-free soap
- Scrub brush
You might be amazed how long cleaning rocks keep your toddler engaged. In a large container or on a rimmed baking sheet, prepare a bowl of water, a sponge, a scrub brush, a small bottle of soap, and a pile of rocks (the dirtier the better). Your child will love to squirt the soap, make bubbles, scrub the rocks, clean up spills, and dry the rocks with a towel.
- Self-Awareness- Shows awareness of self as distinct from others. Expresses needs, wants, and preferences.
- Communication (Expressive Language)- Uses verbal and nonverbal communication to express ideas with increasingly complex words and sentences. Engages in back and forth communication.
- Fine Motor- Builds strength and coordination of small movements in hands to pick up, squeeze, twist, cut, and manipulate tools and toys.
- Writing- Uses scribbles, drawings, letters, characters, or words to represent meaning.