Carefully fill the ice cube tray by scooping one item at a time.
- Ice cube tray
- Small spoon or squeezy tweezers
- Small items to scoop: glass gems | M&Ms | small rocks | small LEGO bricks | dry beans
- Small bowl
Choose a small item to scoop and gather an ice cube tray. Count the number of sections in the ice cube tray and place the corresponding amount of small items in the bowl. Arrange a small spoon or squeezy tweezers nearby. Carefully scoop one item at a time and transfer it to the ice cube tray, placing one item in each section until the tray is filled.
- Fine Motor- Builds strength and coordination of small movements in hands to pick up, squeeze, twist, cut, and manipulate tools and toys.
- Number Sense- Understands concepts of number and quantity.
- Attention & Perseverance- Maintains attention on people, things, and projects. Persists in understanding and mastering activities, even if challenging.