Combine a magical concoction with building blocks for an awesome sensory activity!
- Plastic building blocks (building bricks, Mega Bloks, or similar)
- Large bin
- Liquid watercolor *optional
Oobleck is an amazing substance that drips like a liquid but breaks like a solid- it’s messy though so it’s best to do this activity outside if possible. Make oobleck by combining a 2:1 ratio of cornstarch to water (I typically suggest using 1 cup cornstarch and 1/2 cup water per child). If you’d like to make colored oobleck, add some liquid watercolor to the water before combining. Pour the batch of oobleck into the large bin, toss in some plastic building blocks, and play!
- Investigation & Inquiry- Observes, inquires, and investigates objects and events to gain understanding.
- Physical Science- Explores forces, motion, and materials and how they change.
- Perceptual- Demonstrates the ability to distinguish, process, and respond to sensory stimuli in their environment.