Paint, crumple, and glue to create a wreath for your home.
- Paper plate or empty cereal box
- Washable paint
- Tissue paper (cut into 3” squares)
- Glue bottle
- Scissors- adult
- Ribbon or yarn
- Hole punch
- Paint palette or small dish
To prepare the wreath, cut the center from a paper plate to make a ring- you can also use a cereal box instead. Next, add a few dollops of paint to a paint palette or small dish. Paint the wreath and allow it to dry (you can quickly dry it using a hairdryer). Then crumple up tissue paper squares and glue them around the wreath. Punch a hole in the top, loop a ribbon through, and find a door to hang it on!
- Culture & Community- Explores communities and families, culture, and traditions.
- Spatial Awareness- Understands how objects move in space and describe their location, ex: on, under, next to.
- Visual Arts- Expresses through 2D and 3D visual art. Develops artistic techniques.
- Fine Motor- Builds strength and coordination of small movements in hands to pick up, squeeze, twist, cut, and manipulate tools and toys.