Scoop, build, and create with building blocks and a dry sensory base.
- Large shallow bin
- Plastic building blocks (DUPLO, Mega Bloks, or similar)
- Dry sensory base (rainbow rice, chickpeas, black beans, etc.)
- Spoons or measuring cups
Fill a large shallow bin with a dry sensory base (rainbow rice or dry rice is our favorite for this activity)! Toss in some plastic building blocks, bowls, and a few spoons or measuring cups. Explore new ways to use the materials together! Your child might scoop with the building blocks, hide the blocks under the sensory base, build a tower and pour the sensory base on top. Have fun!
- Investigation & Inquiry- Observes, inquires, and investigates objects and events to gain understanding.
- Drama- Participates in dramatic and symbolic play. Uses props to represent other objects or ideas.
- Vocabulary- Uses increasingly complex phrases, sentences, and vocabulary.