Follow the guide to build matching block towers.
- Blocks that stack or connect (colored wooden blocks, DUPLO blocks, foam blocks, etc.)
- Copy paper
- Scissors- adult
First, cut two pieces of copy paper into fourths. Next, build a tower using four building blocks by connecting or stacking them on top of each other. Use markers to draw the tower on one of the small pieces of paper exactly as you’ve built it (including the correct color and shape of the blocks). Continue until you’ve created up to 8 tower instruction cards. Create a station around the room for each tower card and its corresponding blocks. Work together to build a tower following the instruction card, matching the order, size, and color. Then, move to another station and continue until all the towers have been built.
- Spatial Awareness- Understands how objects move in space and describe their location, ex: on, under, next to.
- Logic and Reasoning- Uses logic to solve problems.
- Shapes- Identifies shapes and their characteristics.
- Patterns- Identifies, reproduces, and creates patterns.
- Classification- Matches and sorts.