Decorate an adorable self-portrait complete with a real photo of your child.
- Black and white picture of your child
- Various craft supplies- markers, paint sticks, gems, other collage materials
Print out a black and white picture of your child (on printer paper, not glossy photo paper) and cut away the background. Glue your child’s picture along the bottom edge of a piece of cardboard. Offer one or two art supplies and invite your child to draw and decorate around the photo (many toddlers will draw over their photo- that’s totally okay!) Offer another material or two and let your child continue to work. Once their finished decorating, find a spot to hang their self-portrait.
- Self-Awareness- Shows awareness of self as distinct from others. Expresses needs, wants, and preferences.
- Visual Arts- Expresses through 2D and 3D visual art. Develops artistic techniques.
- Culture & Community- Explores communities and families, culture, and traditions.
- Fine Motor- Builds strength and coordination of small movements in hands to pick up, squeeze, twist, cut, and manipulate tools and toys.