Search through the sensory bin to find and match the hidden shapes.
- Felt squares, craft foam, or recycled cardboard
- Easel paper
- Large shallow bin
- Dry sensory base (dry rice, chickpeas, oats, etc.)
- Scissors- adult
First, cut medium-sized shapes (square, circle, triangle, oval, rectangle, heart) from felt, craft foam, or recycled cardboard. Next, trace each shape on a piece of easel paper to create an outline. After, pour a favorite sensory base into a large sensory bin and hide the shapes throughout. Sift through the sensory base and you search for the hidden shapes, identify each shape, and match it to its outline!
- Shapes- Identifies shapes and their characteristics.
- Classification- Matches and sorts.
- Perceptual- Demonstrates the ability to distinguish, process, and respond to sensory stimuli in their environment.