Create and explore a favorite color-themed sensory bin.
- Large shallow bin
- Sensory base (uncooked rice, chickpeas, etc.)
- Toys in your child’s favorite color
First, choose a sensory base. You might dye a dry sensory base, such as uncooked rice or chickpeas, in your child’s favorite color using liquid watercolor or acrylic paint or just leave the dry sensory base plain so the bright colors stand out. Then go on a hunt around the house together to find as many toys (that will fit in the bin) in your child’s favorite color. Explore the toys with the sensory base while discussing the different shades.
- Drama- Participates in dramatic and symbolic play. Uses props to represent other objects or ideas.
- Investigation & Inquiry- Observes, inquires, and investigates objects and events to gain understanding.
- Visual Arts- Expresses through 2D and 3D visual art. Develops artistic techniques.