Melt the ice block to collect the trapped pom-poms!
- Cake pan (any shape)
- Jumbo dropper
- Various containers, bowls, and jars
- Table salt *optional
- Tray or rimmed baking sheet
First, fill a cake pan with pom-poms then pour water on top to cover them. Place the cake pan in the freezer for several hours until it’s completely frozen. Fill a few containers, bowls, or jars with warm water, and add some table salt if you’d like. When it’s time to play, remove the cake pan from the freezer and gently pour warm water on the bottom of the pan to help remove the ice block. Place the frozen poms on a tray or rimmed baking sheet near the container and dropper. Use the tools to melt the ice block and collect the trapped pom-poms.
- Physical Science- Explores forces, motion, and materials and how they change.
- Fine Motor- Builds strength and coordination of small movements in hands to pick up, squeeze, twist, cut, and manipulate tools and toys.
- Attention & Perseverance- Maintains attention on people, things, and projects. Persists in understanding and mastering activities, even if challenging.