Toss some clean, recycled items into a sensory bin, then take a step back while your child scoops, pours, fills, dumps, & explores!
- Large shallow bin
- Dry sensory base- rice, beans, chickpeas, corn kernels, etc.
- Recycled items- small boxes, egg cartons, paper tubes
- Kitchen utensils- measuring cups, spoons, tongs
Fill a large bin with a dry sensory base. Toss in some clean, recycled items like small boxes, egg cartons, paper tubes, pouch lids, etc., and some kitchen utensils like measuring cups or tongs. Take a step back while your child scoops, pours, fills, dumps, and explores!
- Investigation & Inquiry- Observes, inquires, and investigates objects and events to gain understanding.
- Communication (Expressive Language)- Uses verbal and nonverbal communication to express ideas with increasingly complex words and sentences. Engages in back-and-forth communication.
- Fine Motor- Builds strength and coordination of small movements in hands to pick up, squeeze, twist, cut, and manipulate tools and toys.