Transform a paper plate into a wonderful crown fit for royalty.
- Paper plate
- Materials to decorate with: buttons, stickers, sequins, gems, small pom-poms, ribbon, tissue paper
- School glue
- Scissors- adult
First, create the crown from a paper plate by folding it in half then cutting three slits (one in the center and two diagonally on the side) to create 4 equal triangular sections. Stop cutting each slit at least an inch from the edge of the plate. Unfold the paper plate and cut two more slits along the other side of the plate to divide it evenly into 8 wedges. Place the paper plate bottom side up and carefully fold up the wedges to transform it into a crown then decorate!
- Visual Arts- Expresses through 2D and 3D visual art. Develops artistic techniques.
- Drama- Participates in dramatic and symbolic play. Uses props to represent other objects or ideas.
- Culture & Community- Explores communities and families, culture, and traditions.
- Fine Motor- Builds strength and coordination of small movements in hands to pick up, squeeze, twist, cut, and manipulate tools and toys.