Using only two ingredients magic disappearing water can spark hours of play!
- Large shallow bin
- Liquid watercolor
- Kitchen utensils: bowls, spoons, cups, whisk, etc.
- Small animal figurines
Fill a large shallow container with water and a few drops of liquid watercolor. Sprinkle a little bit of cornstarch into the water then mix until it’s no longer clear. Toss in a few small animal figurines and place some kitchen utensils nearby for your child to discover.
- Investigation & Inquiry- Observes, inquires, and investigates objects and events to gain understanding.
- Physical Science- Explores forces, motion, and materials and how they change.
- Perceptual- Demonstrates the ability to distinguish, process, and respond to sensory stimuli in their environment.
- Drama- Participates in dramatic and symbolic play. Uses props to represent other objects or ideas.